Hot chocolate bombs are the hottest trend right now, and you are going to love these Valentines white hot chocolate bombs. Made with white chocolate and drizzled with pink melted candy, these hot cocoa bombs are topped with colourful Valentine’s sprinkles!
Filled with hot cocoa and marshmallows (yes, we’re making hot chocolate bombs WITH marshmallows inside!), you will have everything you need for a perfect cup of hot cocoa!
Making your own hot chocolate bombs is easier than you might think, and you can whip up a batch in no time. You can easily double or triple this recipe too, so that you will have hot cocoa bombs for a crowd.
Valentines Hot Chocolate Bombs
- 4 oz white candy melts or white chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp cocoa mix
- ¼ cup mini marshmallows
- 1-2 oz pink candy melts
- Valentine’s sprinkles
- Semi Sphere Silicone Mold
How to make Hot Chocolate Bombs
1. Set a plate in the freezer
2. Place the candy melt in a heat safe glass or metal bowl (I use a Pyrex bowl), and fill a pot with about 1-2 inches of water. Make sure the bowl can fit over the pot, without touching the water.
3. Heat pot with bowl over it on low/medium heat. Chocolate will start to melt in about 5-10 minutes. Once chocolate starts melting, scrape the sides of the bowl, using a rubber spatula. Continue scraping until all chocolate is melted.Remove bowl from pot and place on hot pad or trinket.
4. Add about 1-2 tsp of melted chocolate to each half sphere of the mold, using a spoon or brush to spread it, covering the entire half sphere, making sure you get the sides really good.
5. Place chocolate filled mold in the freezer for 5 minutes.
6.Remove mold from freezer, and repeat steps 4 and 5.
7. Remove mold and the plate from freezer, and unmold the chocolate spheres. Place them on the cold plate. This will be your work area.
8. Add 1 tbsp of hot cocoa mix to 3 of the chocolate spheres. Top with about 6-8 mini marshmallows.
9. Heat a small plate in the microwave for 2 minutes. Place an empty half sphere upside down on the plate to let the edges soften. Place it on top of one of the filled half spheres, and smooth out the edges with your finger. You can rub a little extra melted chocolate around it if need be. Do this with the remaining spheres.
10. In a very small bowl, heat the pink candy melts for about 30 seconds and stir very well until completely melted. Spoon melted candy into a piping bag or baggie, and cut the tip.
11. Pipe melted pink candy on the top of the hot cocoa bombs, and immediately add sprinkles.
12. To use, place in mug with 6 oz of hot milk. You may add more cocoa to mug if you desire.
Vegan Hot Chocolate Bombs
What if you want to make vegan hot chocolate bombs? We can just swap out some of the ingredients! It’s not easy to find good vegan white chocolate so why not try using something like Montezumas Like No Udder vegan milk chocolate alternative along with vegan hot chocolate powder and Freedom confectionery pink and white mallows