I’ve got a confession to make – I’m not really a bath person, I much prefer a shower BUT that being said, I do love a bath bomb. I’m a sucker for anything that fizzes, turns the water a different colour, sparkles or smells nice and these DIY Unicorn Bath Bombs tick all those boxes.
DIY Unicorn Bath Bomb How-To
All the ingredients needed to make these bath bombs should be available in your local supermarket or to order from Amazon!
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1/2 cup citric acid
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 cup Epsom salts
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp essential oil blend desired
- 2 tsp witch hazel
- 1 tsp pink mica powder
- 1 tsp blue mica powder
- 2-4 tablespoons unicorn sprinkles blend
- Gold edible glitter
- 1/2 tsp alcohol
- 4-5 bath bomb moulds
- measuring spoons
1. Whisk together the baking soda, citric acid, cornstarch and Epsom salts.
2. In a second bowl, combine the melted coconut oil, essential oil blend and witch hazel together, mixing well.
3. Add liquid ingredients 1 tsp at a time to the dry ingredients, mixing it together slowly so as not to start the fizzy reaction.
4. You should be able to get the mixture to hold its shape when you squeeze it in your hand. Split out 1/2 cup of the mixture into two small bowls.
5. In one of these smaller bowls, add the blue mica powder and stir until the colour is consistent throughout. Repeat with the pink mica powder in the second small bowl.
6. Dust the bottom of one side of the bath bomb mould with cornstarch. The sprinkle side tends to come out on its own, so do not bother to dust that side with cornstarch.
7. Place about 1 tsp of sprinkles in the non-dusted side of the bath bomb mould.
8. Immediately pack the bath bomb mould with the sprinkles full of the white mixture about 2/3 full, followed by a tsp portion of blue mixture spread across the base, then another tsp of white bath bomb mixture to top off the mould.
9. In the other cornstarch-dusted side of the bath bomb mould, pack it with the white bath bomb mixture about 2/3 full, followed by a tsp portion of pink mixture spread across the base, then another tsp of white bath bomb mixture to top off the mould.
10. Pack extra white bath bomb mixture between the two moulds, then press the two sides together, grinding and pressing them to force the two together.
11. Allow the bath bombs to rest in the mould for up to 24 hours before gently tapping the side of the mould to release the bombs.
12. To add the gold stripe in the centre of the bath bombs, combine the edible gold glitter and alcohol together, then apply a stripe of this glitter to the centerline of each bath bomb with a paintbrush.
And there we have it your very own DIY Unicorn Bath Bombs perfect to use yourself, give as gifts or sell on Etsy!