The festive season is fast approaching and I dare say the majority of us crafters are already up to our eyeballs in glitter, elves and baubles.
If you’re anything like me, you’ve enjoyed crafting from a young age, every year my Christmas list would be full of things like new pen sets, candle making kits, a potters wheel (I got this one year, it ran on 4 massive D batteries and it caused a lot of mess – clay splats everywhere!) Maybe your kids have inherited your love of crafting and are always trying to get into your supplies?
We’ve rounded up a great selection of craft gifts for kids of all ages and interests to give you a helping hand with the Christmas shopping and we’re even giving you the chance to win a massive prize bundle of over £180 worth of the gifts included in our Crafty Kids Chritsmas Gift Guide!
Crafty Kids Christmas Gift Guide
£10 and under
- Monster Blox Papercrafts and ‘Monstrous Me Collection’ range of books – £9.99 – MonsterBlox offer fun paper crafting activities alongside their Monstrous Me Collection of books which teaches that there are two sides to every story. Natalie wrote the book series to include a flip over feature so that you can read the books two ways – one from the perspective of the parent and the other of the child. She also developed the characters into papercraft monsters, which allows parents to act out scenes with their children.
- Make Your Own Hand Puppet – £9.99 – I grew up watching Sesame Street and the muppets so these hand puppets kits are something I would have loved as a child! The kit comes with everything you need to make your hand puppet including clear instructions and the pattern.
- Button Canvas Craft Kit – £10 – How cute is this? I tried out button art a few years ago and found it so much fun. This is a great craft for improving on fine motor skills too and would be a sure way to brighten up any bedroom with their own piece of art work.
- Gem Stone Water Bottle Kit – £12.99 – Who’s kids don’t love a bit of bling! This gemstone water bottle kit from Amazon is sure to keep them busy for a few hours.
£15 to £20
- Spectrum Noir Modern Calligraphy Kit – £11.99 – Calligraphy is such a wonderful skill to learn. I wish I had learnt it when I was younger as it would have helped me with my hand writing in general immensley. This kit from Crafters Companion includes 5 markers, lettering paper, inspiration cards and a how-to booklet to get you started.
- How To Spot An Artist – £11.99 – Help kids discover and nourish their inner artist with this vividly illustrated, funny and endlessly encouraging dose of positive reinforcement. I was gifted a two copies of this book (one for me to have a look at and one for the giveaway!) and I have to say that it is just lovely, the styling of it makes it fun to read even as an adult, it’s going on our bookshelf for when my neice and nephew visit! Available from all good bookstores. For further information visit www.prestel.com or @prestel_uk
- Threaders Embroidery Kit – £12.99 – Hands up who else learnt embroidery at school 🙋🏻 I remember making multiple embroidered bookmarks for my mum over the years and it’s actually somehting I quite like to do still now to help me unwind and switch off for a bit. This kit comes with your hoop, fabric, threads, needles, pattern and a stitch guide to teach you all you need to know to complete the design.
- Threaders Quilt As You Go Fabric Coasters Kit – £14.99 – If you want to learn how to hand sew really well then I suggest giving quilting a go. It’s a great way to sharpen hand sewing skills and this kit would be perfect for older children.
- Block Printing Craft Kits from I Do Handmade – £15 – This block printing kit from I Do Handmade is the perfect weekend activity – it comes with everything you need to decorate your item (you can choose from few different options such as draw string bag, zipped case) Best of all, it’s all eco-friendly from the fair trade wooden printing blocks to the recyclable packaging.
£20 and over
- Cute Companions – Crochet Kit ‘Monty the Monkey’ – £19.99 – How cute is this little guy! Crochet has come back in a big way the past few years and this kit provides you with very thing you need (Crochet hook, yarn, filling, tools and instructions) to learn how to make your very own ‘Monty the Monkey’
- Harimuka Bridal Gown Set – £19.99 – Have you got a budding fashion designer in the family? The Harimuka range of fashion design kits are a fantastic way to try out loads of different looks and styles with no gluing, no sewing and no cutting. You simply choose a fabric, wrap it around the mannequin and secure it using the rounded pins and the stylus design tool. Experiment with layering, folding and twisting to see how creative you can be. Everything is reusable, so you can design stylish dresses over and over again. We have 3 different Harimuka Style kits up for grabs in our giveaway!
- Bee Wooden Craft Kit – £20.95 – I love everything in the Artcuts shop on Etsy but this Bee Mini Craft Kit is the cutest. It’d be the perfect thing to brighten up any room or even turn into gift tags for presents!
- GEMEX Deluxe Creation Station – £29.99 – Perfect for any budding jewellery designer, the Gemex Deluxe creation station magically sets from gel to gems in minutes! You can make up to 100 gems and turn them into hair clips, keyrings and earrings.
Giveaway – £180+ prize bundle
Whats better than a super helpful Gift Guide? A Gift Guide with a GIVEAWAY to win a selection of the gifts we’ve shown you!
We’ve got a selection of crafty gifts to go to one lucky winner including: Monster Blox Books and Papercraft kit, Spectrum Noir Calligraphy Kit, How to Spot an Artist book, Threaders Embroidery Kit, Monty The Monkey Crochet Kit, Threaders Fabric Coaster Kit, Block Printing Craft Kit, 3 different Harimuka Style Kits and the Gemex Deluxe Creation Station.
All you have to do to be in with a chance of winning is enter using the Rafflecopter form below. There are 6 different ways to gain enteries plus the chance to get an extra 2 entries per day with the Tweet anf FB share options.
Giveaway open to the UK only. Winner will be contacted via email. Runs from 1/11/20 – 31/11/20